Department/Program: Machine and Metal Technologies/Machine
About the Program: The aim of this progam is to train technical staff who can work at the production phase of every kind of machine parts, computer-aided design and machine manufacturing (CAD-CAM), machine maintenance and repair techniques, measurement and quality control, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, identification and examination of material (destructive and non-destructive), and care. Shortly, this program intends to educate technicians who can work as intermediate staff at machine and mechanical technology industries. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded with the qualification of Associate Degree in Machine. The graduates of the program may apply to various undergraduate programs for a Bachelor’s Degree after getting the sufficient score in the Vertical Transfer Exam.
Work Areas: The graduates of this program can be employed in a wide range of industries such as automotive, energy, material, welding, heating-cooling-air conditioning related to machine and mechanical technologies industry. The graduates can work as CNC milling machine operator, service personnel of manufacturing machinery systems, and quality control supervisor of manufacturing, maintenance, and installation of machinery systems, etc. The graduates can be employed in the private and public sector with the title of machine technician.
Goals of the Program:
- To train students in designing and manufacturing of machine elements and systems.
- To train students in setting up hydropneumatic systems.
- To train students in CAD (computer aided design) and CAM (computer aided manufacture).
- To train students in industrial manufacturing systems.
- To train students in every kind of designing of machine parts.
- To educate students about the industrial materials.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, the students will be able to;
- Use the theoretical and practical knowledge related to machinery.
- Use necessary physical and intellectual abilities in the field of study.
- Use necessary softwares and information systems in the field of study.
- Perform independently, initiatively and creatively.
- Define and solve the unpredictable problems in the working area.
- Select and utilize the necessary modern techniques and equipments for industrial applications of machine technology.
- Design and perform experiments, collects data, and analyzes and elaborates the results.
The Departments that students can transfer through the Vertical Transfer Exam:
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Agricultural Machines and Technologies Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Nanotechnology Engineering
- Energy Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering