Department/Program: Electronics and Automation / Mechatronics
About the Program: The aim of this interdisciplinary program is to train intermediate staff to be employed in the facilities in which machinery, electricity, electronics, computer, and control systems are used. It is also one of the objectives of the program to train technicians who can work at the production of machine parts and printed-circuit cards and at the maintenance and repair of automatic machines and production lines. Since the industrial systems are interrelated with each other, mechatronics program has a wide range of application areas in today’s industrial and technological systems. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded with the qualification of Associate Degree in Mechatronics. The graduates of the program may apply to various undergraduate programs for a Bachelor’s Degree after getting the sufficient score in the Vertical Transfer Exam.
Work Areas: The graduates of the program can work as technicians at automation firms, mass-production factories (automotive, food, medicine, white goods, etc.), machine manufacturing companies, defence industry firms, etc.
Goals of the Program:
- To educate students about the machine elements and mechanisms.
- To train students in setting up hydropneumatic systems.
- To train students in CAD (computer aided design) and CAM (computer aided manufacture).
- To educate students about electric circuits and machines.
- To train students in automatic control algorithms.
- To train students in industrial robotic systems, PLC ( programmable logic controller), and microcontrollers.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, the students will be able to;
- Use his/her theoretical knowledge related to mechatronics.
- Use his/her practical knowledge related to mechatronics.
- Collect data related to problems in the area and use effectively.
- Use necessary physical and intellectual abilities in the field of study.
- Use necessary softwares and information systems in the field of study.
- Perform independently, initiatively and creatively.
- Define and solve the unpredictable problems in the working area.
The Departments that students can transfer through the Vertical Transfer Exam:
- Electrical Engineering
- Control and Automation Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechatronics System Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Space Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering