Natural Gas and Installation Technology
Department/Program: Electricity and Energy/Natural Gas and Installation Technology
About the Program: The aim of this program is to train technicians who have the basic knowledge in natural gas, heating and plumbing installations systems. A further aim of the program is to train the students in natural gas installation system projects design, montage, maintenance and repair, and quality control of these systems. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded with the qualification of Associate Degree in Natural Gas and Installation Technology. The graduates of the program may apply to various undergraduate programs for a Bachelor’s Degree after getting the sufficient score in the Vertical Transfer Exam.
Work Areas: The graduates can work as plumbing, heating, natural gas installation technicians at public and private institutions. Natural gas distribution firms, construction companies, and various organizations working in heating systems can employ the graduates of this program.
Goals of the Program:
- To make students gain the basic knowledge in natural gas installation systems and technologies.
- To educate students about the necessary technical and theoretical information and equipments and tools in the field of work.
- To make students follow the latest technological and technical developments in natural gas and heating systems.
- To educate students about legislative regulations in the projects of natural gas installation systems.
- To educate students about how to prepare and apply work programs by taking into consideration the labor and worker safety.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, the students will be able to;
- Realize the probable breakdowns in the natural gas installation systems and find the necessary solutions for repairing.
- Design practicable natural gas or heating installation system projects and present them to the employers and partners with the support of teamwork.
- Define and solve the unpredictable problems in the working area.
- Use the necessary computer softwares and hardwares in the field of study.
- Use a foreign language sufficiently in the area of natural gas installation technology.
- Have the awareness of labor and worker safety, worker health, and environmental protection.
The Departments that students can transfer through the Vertical Transfer Exam:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Nuclear Energy Engineering