Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Department/Program: Electricity and Energy/Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
About the Program: Air Conditioning and Refrigeration technology sector has gained importance with the increasing of quality living in every part of life. So the need for personnel in this sector has showed an increase too. The aim of this program is to train these needed staff. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded with the qualification of Associate Degree in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. The graduates of the program may apply to various undergraduate programs for a Bachelor’s Degree after getting the sufficient score in the Vertical Transfer Exam.
Work Areas: The graduates of this program can work in many sectors; house heating and cooling systems, natural gas service line, hot and cold water installations, and repair and maintenance of every kind of heating and cooling systems of factories, hospitals, hotels, airports, cars, etc. The graduates can also work as technicians in the public enterprises.
Goals of the Program:
- To train students in designing and applying air conditioning and refrigeration technology projects.
- To train students in using air conditioning and refrigeration technology computer softwares.
- To train students in measuring electrical, thermal, and mechanical diagrams of air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- To educate students about the basic elements and montage of air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- To educate students about the control systems of air conditioning and refrigeration technology projects.
- To educate students about how to recognize the troubles of air conditioning and refrigeration systems and solve the related problems.
- To educate students about how to prepare and apply work programs by taking into consideration the labor and worker safety.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, the students will be able to;
- Learn the basic terms and systems related to air conditioning and refrigeration technology and use them according to their fucntions.
- Learn and use the devices and equipments that are used in air conditioning and refrigeration technology (welding, pipe bending, pipe cutters, etc.
- Read and design various air conditioning and refrigeration technology projects and draw them by using related softwares.
- Learn and use automatic control units and electric controllers that are used in air conditioning and refrigeration Technologies.
- Calculate the heat load and device capacity of heating and cooling systems and choose the appropriate devices and equipments.
- Mount, troubleshoot, repair and carry out maintenance of domestic type and industrial coolers and heaters, air conditioning systems.
- Do, prepare and present scientific researches in the latest air conditioning and refrigeration technologies.
The Departments that students can transfer through the Vertical Transfer Exam:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Management