Office Management and Executive Assistantship
Departmet/Program: Office Management and Secretary/Office Management and Executive Assistantship
About the Program: The aim of this program is to train qualified executive assistants who are equipped with sufficient knowledge and skills in office management. The program aims to train the students in office management software and hardware technologies, protocol knowledge, communication skills, etc. in order to help executives in their office works. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded with the qualification of Associate Degree in Office Management and Executive Assistantship. The graduates of the program may apply to various undergraduate programs for a Bachelor’s Degree after getting the sufficient score in the Vertical Transfer Exam.
Work Areas: The graduates of this program can work both at private and public institutions as executive assistants, office boy/girl, office secretaries, etc. Human resources department, archive units, telephone switchboard, data preparation and control units are some of the departments that the graduates of this program can work.
Goals of the Program:
- To train qualified executive assistants who can work at private and public institutions to help the excutives in their office works.
- To train successful assistans who follow the latest technologies in office management of business world.
- To train the students in necessary communication and vocational foreign language skills.
- To educate students about how to use contemporary techniques and tools required for successful office management.
- To educate students about the basic official correspondence documents and techniques.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, the students will be able to;
- Know and use the basic skills and tools in office management and secretarial field.
- Acquire necessary skills for problem defining, modeling and solving related to profession.
- Do teamwork with all the services and departments in the work area.
- Have knowledge of professional ethics and sense of responsibility.
- Communicate effectively both in the first language and in a foreign language.
- Use contemporary computer programs in the profession.
- Know and use official documenting techniques.
- Make the time and protocol arrangements releated to possible meetings and ceremonies to be done in office management and secretarial field .
- Serve as self-confident, innovator, responsible, and qualified executive assistants or secretaries.
The Departments that students can transfer through the Vertical Transfer Exam:
- Public Relations
- Health Facilities Management
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Business Information Management
- Public Relations and Publicity
- Management Information Systems