Department/Program: Administration and Organisation/Business Management
About the Program: The aim of Business Management program is to train qualified work force needed by private and public sectors. In order to realize this goal, both theoretical and practical courses related to business administration are offered. One of the most important goals of the program is to equip students with the current strategical, managerial, and sectoral skills and train them as executive candidates. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded with the qualification of Associate Degree in Business Management. The graduates of the program may apply to various undergraduate programs for a Bachelor’s Degree after getting the sufficient score in the Vertical Transfer Exam.
Work Areas: The graduates of the program have a wide range of work areas; they can work at various businesses like marketing, finance, accounting, banking, insurance etc. as intermediate staffs. Both private and public sectors may employ the graduates as sales representatives, public relations assistants, bank employees, etc.
Goals of the Program:
- To equip the students with the knowledge of finance and administratorship.
- To train students in the basic principles of business administration and information technologies related to the area.
- To train students as the executive candidates of private and public businesses and their own enterprises.
- To train students in various softwares related to their work areas.
- To train students in the business legislations of the country.
- To train students in order to get them to gain the importance of life-long learning and contemporary issues in the business world.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, the students will be able to;
- Gain basic knowledge and skills in busisness management.
- Use basic softwares related to business administration.
- Master the functions of business administration both theoretically and practically.
- Gain the ability of team work and accommodating working conditions.
- Get the knowledge of legislations and regulations in the business law of the country.
- Get the knowledge of micro and macro economics.
- Have a sufficient level of foreign language related to business world.
The Departments that students can transfer through the Vertical Transfer Exam:
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Labour Economics and Industrial Relations
- Technology and Information Management
- Health Administration
- International Trade
- Logistic Management
- International Trade and Logistics
- Management Information Systems