Accounting And Tax Applications
Department/Program: Accounting and Tax/Accounting and Tax Applications
About the Program: The aim of this program is to train qualified intermediate staff who can work at the accounting and bookkeeping departments of the firms and other organisations or public institutions. The students take courses like General Accounting, Commercial Mathematics, Commercial Law, Macro Economy, Tax Law, Cost Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Softwares in Accounting, E-commerce, etc. Students who successfully complete the program are awarded with the qualification of Associate Degree in Accounting and Tax Applications. The graduates of the program may apply to various undergraduate programs for a Bachelor’s Degree after getting the sufficient score in the Vertical Transfer Exam.
Work Areas: The graduates of the program can work at accounting departments of the private sector firms and public organisations. According to their professional competency, the graduates can take responsibilities related to money and monetary transactions.
Goals of the Program:
- To train students in financial accounting and get them to learn accounting and auditing transactions in theory and practice.
- To educate students about the basic terms of a business.
- To educate students about the Turkish law system and commercial legislation of the country.
- To educate students about the commercial documents of business life.
- To educate students about the basic principles and concepts of economy.
- To educate students about how to calculate tax and social security transactions.
- To educate students about how to analyze and interpret financial statements by using computer softwares.
Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of this program, the students will be able to;
- Carry out economic analysis.
- Use computer hardwares and softwares related to accounting and tax practices.
- Gain basic knowledge in accounting and to be able to use accounting and auditing softwares.
- Do financial analysis
- Apply correct taxation according to legislation.
- Improve herself/himself by following the science and technology through the awareness of the importance of lifelong learning
- Perform independently, initiatively and creatively.
- Have the awareness of professional and ethical responsibility.
The Departments that students can transfer through the Vertical Transfer Exam:
- Labour Economics and Industrial
- Relations Logistics
- International Finance
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Public Finance
- International Trade